Thursday, February 5, 2009

Drum Roll Please......


Announcing my WIP for February....

This is a quilt top that was made by my friendship group. I believe it was the last one we did. The way it worked was that we each made a container for "stuff" to be put in. I purchased all these materials and appliqued the vase onto the background. My lovely friends did the rest and a FABULOUS job they did! Thanks ladies!

Now, it's up to me to get this thing finished and hung! Who wants to give me some advice about how to quilt it? I will do it by machine for sure and was thinking about just using monofilament because of all the different colors. The backing fabric is black and white. I will use Aurifil 50 wt in the bobbin, either black or white or maybe some of each. Anyone have any better ideas?

My hope is to have this done by Sunday evening! Wish me luck!

Keep stitching folks!

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Your idea for quilting sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I love the colors.
    I really like your design wall with your DJ blocks. I really should find a spot for one. I also laughed at your door hanger.

    ReplyDelete