Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend DJ Blocks





We took a road trip to my sister's this weekend. It was my brother-in-law's 60th birthday party. It was a surprise, so that was fun!

I prepped a block to applique on the road. It was F9, Autumn Aster and has 13 pieces. To me it looks like a big hairy bug with giant antennas. Is that weird?

Then on Sunday I did the last triangle in the top row, T13 called Eiffel Tower. It was paper pieced and appliqued and has 16 pieces. The last things to do on the top are the corner kites and I'll tackle my first one this week! Really looking forward to THAT. No really, I am!

Finally, the 2nd block of the week was Kaleidoscope which was paper pieced and has 25 pieces. Isn't it weird how sometimes the blocks with more pieces can sometimes look so simple??

Okay, I give up...I've been trying to get these photos in the right order and they won't play fair. But then, I'm sure you know which one of these blocks is the the big hairy bug and which is the Kaleidoscope, right? Hopefully, I'll eventually get the hang of this stuff!

Keep on stitching!

Melanie


1 comment: