Friday, October 2, 2009

A Beautiful Quilt Given to me by Wonderful Ladies




This quilt was given to me by the wonderful gals in my quilt group. I took it with me to my 2nd chemo session yesterday and it was a big hit. I almost felt sorry for all those other people in their drab hospital blankets. It was obvious that I had people who loved me and I brought them there with me in a way. It was like they were there all around me (in spirit, of course).  I know they are keeping me in their prayers and that means so much to me; I can't really express my gratitude for it.

These 3 applique/embroidery blocks were done by Vangie. She embroiders so beautifly. The patterns are  from here.

 

This lovely signature block was made by Le. I LOVE it! It really brings the sentiment of the quilt together and I look at this part all the time. Thanks Le!
 

i just love these ladies. Wasn't that the sweetest thing? Oh, I forgot to mention the backing is flannel and the binding is satin. Wonderful!


1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet and beautiful gift. I am sure the quilt and your faith calms the spirit while enduring the trials of cancer. God is good and He is there holding your hand and walking you through this.

    ReplyDelete