Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Beautiful "Blocks" Given to Me by Courtney




My lovely quilt group did a really fun thing for me for my 50th birthday: they each gave me a gift of 50 things. I got things like a box of bible verses, a jar of hershey's kisses, tea lights, 5" squares....it was great!

My dear friend Courtney gave me these 50 "blocks" of the state flowers that she embroidered. Aren't they beautiful? She embroidered a set of these blocks for herself and one set for her mother, my friend Rana. Problem was, she was completely sick of them by the time she got done making them. She is so skilled at embroidery! I wish I had half her talent! She has asked me to take them apart and re-set them, which I am happy to do! Here are some more photos....


 
I can't wait until I'm well enough to go fabric shopping in an actual quilt shop so I can find just the right fabrics to set these with! I think, no I know, this is one of the most generous gifts anyone has given me. I've told her that she is welcome to take this back any time she wants...it's just too much!

Thanks Court! You're the best!

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing present - you must have some wonderful friends! Hope you had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete