Monday, September 19, 2011

Catching Up

I've been away from this blog so very much that I'm not sure it makes sense to keep going. However, I'm going to give it one more go and we'll see what happens. So, as you may know, this blog has been mostly dedicated to the making and sharing of my own Baby Jane along with other projects the come along the way. (DJ had quite a way of crowding out other projects!) The big news is that I finished my blocks and triangles for DJ around the middle or end of June and had the top together by the second week of July.

 I need to edit the trash can out of that photo! Couldn't bear to part with it for a while so it must have taken me a good 2 weeks to get the outer muslin border on and the scallops marked. Finally I was able to part with her and send her off to be quilted in Utah at Sue's. I mailed her on a Saturday and she was there by Monday....amazing! Sue is a very talented quilter and I would highly recommend her! She is organized, professional and caring along with being a great quilter! I will show some photos of her quilting next time. For now, I am trying to sew the binding on by machine, which is really quite a job!
At this point I need to stop and make sure I like the way it will look when finished. As usual, this is something I should have done long ago before I got 2/3 of it on! Hopefully, I will be lucky and it will look acceptable, but the way I sew, it wouldn't surprise me if things needed to be redone. Seems like I rip out half of what I sew!

At any rate, it feels so good to have this baby almost done. Since shipping her off to be quilted, I've managed to squeek out a couple of other UFOs. My UFOs would be a great future topic here especially because I blame several of them on my BFF!

I never did finish showing the last dozen or so of my blocks as I was so intent on getting them done. So here are a few of them and I will follow with more soon! This first one is L-12, Sally's Pride, has teeny tiny paper pieced pieces totalling 27 (includes a bit of applique, as usual).


This next one is L-13, Harvest Moon, has 12 pieces and was mostly appliqued.


Finally for tonight is  M-2, Duff's Buff, has 21 pieces and was paper pieced!

Before I close, let me just invite you to join a wonderful Fall BOM mystery quilt that my BFF has designed for our quilt group! You can find it over here

 It's getting late for me, so I will try to continue to get caught up in the near future!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on almost completing the DJ quilt. Your blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I wish mine was further along. This is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing your DJ... its beautiful! I keep seeing them and wanting to make one, but I'm so intimidated by the daunting task of so much intricacy. You should be very proud of this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dear Jane is just awesome! I have a customer that will soon be sending me hers to quilt. It will be wonderful to run my fingers over every block and admire each piece as I work.

    ReplyDelete