Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's Autumn!

Oh how I love Fall! The colors and crispness in the air, sweaters, and is it me, or is there a smell that comes with Fall? I think there is! I mentioned something in my last post, but wanted to spend a bit more time on it.... My little friendship quilt group has just started a mystery quilt designed by one of our own. She is also posting it on her blog so that you, too, can join in on the fun! How cool is that? This quilt has a definite Autumn feel, so it's the perfect time to start! Here is my version of the first month's work...

The colors are completely wrong in this photo as those leaves are really green, but you get the idea anyway! Once you visit Rana's site, be sure to pick up a copy of her BOM button and add it to your blog! It will be so fun to have you along!

Now, here's a little picture of the front porch which is starting to transition into Fall itself!
 While we're at it, say goodbye to those taupy-tan walls, because they are about to start turning yellow! And with any luck, by next weekend the front door will be a dark blue! Perfect!

Until next time!
Melanie

1 comment:

  1. Your pumpkin looks great!
    Can't wait to see the new house colors. Sounds very beach cottage :-)

    ReplyDelete