Friday, January 14, 2011

It's the Weekend!

Today I am heading south to Ventura County, where my sister, Priscilla lives. I have 3 sisters and we all sew, 3 of us activly quilt (and the 4th does on occasion). This weekend has become an annual sisters-sew-fest! We get together and sew our guts out!

If all goes well, I will be starting school this coming week. The goal there is to get a few science classes out of the way so that I can get into nursing school. So, my life will likely have a very different landscape by just next weekend! Thus, I am looking forward to my sewing weekend to get as much done on this Jane quilt as is physically possible! I'm down to having only 10 triangles plus the 2 bottom kites to finish (along with 30 blocks), so that is where my efforts will be focused this weekend. I can't wait!

I've completed BR9, called Sue's Garden (again, WHY?), it was completely appliqued and has 10 pieces. I must say, this is one of my least favorite blocks/triangles in the quilt! I will post a picture of it here shortly. And, I hope to be able to share several new finishes by the end of the weekend.

Hope you too are getting a chance to sew your guts out!

No comments:

Post a Comment